Gah! I’m sleepy. No doubt you know the drill–go to bed, fully determined to get a good night’s rest, only to find sleep a wily fellow. You toss, you turn; you’re hot one minute, cold the next. You’re thirsty; you have to pee–but you don’t want to get up because that would mean emerging from the covers. To divert your attention, you make a list–then another. Then you rearrange–cross out, add to . . . stress about how you’ll get it all done. On and on it goes, right until Monday morning clocks in and the day begins.
Oh yes, it’s one of those Mondays.
So here I sit, nursing a vat of hot tea, nibbling apple-rhubarb bread, and contemplating life’s mysteries–all while avoiding eye contact with the angry pile of work staring me down.
No wonder Mondays get a bad rap–they can be so full of angst. Thankfully, there’s good stuff, too. Mondays, like life, are a hodge-podge. You have only to listen to the soundtrack to know it’s true . . .
1. Monday Morning by Fleetwood Mac
2. Monday Monday Monday by Tegan and Sara
2. Monday Monday by The Mamas and the Papas
3. Manic Monday by The Bangles
4. Blue Monday by Fats Domino
5. Permanent Monday by Jordin Sparks
6. Come Next Monday by K.T. Oslin
7. Except for Monday by Lorrie Morgan
9. Come Monday by Jimmy Buffet
Now, what’d I miss? Hopefully a few more happy tunes–I mean really, there is such a thing as too much drama . . .