Just a little to-do

hot_cocoa

Did you have a good weekend—did you stay warm and safe and dry?

You know, any time there’s calamity afoot I feel the need to take roll call, to make certain we’re all present and accounted for.  Sure, I know nary a thing about most of you. I do know, however, you’re represented by a dot on the map–and some of those dots are smack dab in the middle of some crazy shit.

An aside, this will be the day my aunt pops in to read the blog. It actually came up at a family gathering once:

Mom: I really like her blog . . . except when she swears.

Me: I do not swear on my blog.

Uncle: I didn’t know she swears on her blog.

Me: I don’t swear on my blog.

Aunt: Oh yes, she swears on her blog. I’ve seen it.

Please. I utter profanities around these parts maybe twice a year and only when appropriate. And let me tell you, floods and a ‘polar vortex’ are completely appropriate.

But I digress . . .

If only we lived closer–I’d whip us up some hot cocoa, we’d light a roomful of candles, and tell ghost stories. Like the time in the eighties when I had a certain pair of ‘fruit pants’—white, skin-tight pants in a cotton-polyester blend, adorned with giant, brightly colored fruit . . . and I wore them in public. Eek!

Then again, maybe it’s best we live a ways away–you might have a hard time beating that one.

6 Comments

• mrs. smythe
    7 January, 2014 - 7:13 am | Permalink

We're cold and windy here in Western Massachusetts. Not as bad as most places though. My contribution to the storytelling:
    I wore Robin Hood green stirrup pants with matching green suede booties to classes at BSU in the early nineties. And it wasn't even Halloween.
    What was I thinking?
    My recent post Frizzy Dogs

• amyjo
      8 January, 2014 - 7:39 am | Permalink

‘ello, Robin Hood! Ha! That’s awesome . . . also awesome, knowing we\’re getting better with age. I mean really, we can only go up from there . . . :)

• 7 January, 2014 - 7:29 am | Permalink

It's really sweet that your relatives read your blog! Now you have to start writing about them and see if they'll read it more (or catch it). Think of it as a blog experiment for 2014
    My recent post Gritty lasagna lesson

• amyjo
      8 January, 2014 - 7:41 am | Permalink

Yes, occasionally! Although, most don’t understand it at all. they call it my ‘website’ . . . ‘that’s nice that you have a website.’ :)

• cheryoncake
    7 January, 2014 - 11:31 pm | Permalink

Ooh, that cocoa looks good! I could do with some of that now but not the ghost stories because I was just awoken by a crash downstairs. I bravely sent the husband down to see what had happened and he found that one of the shelves in the cupboard had given way,,,,,,,just like that! Spooky. Anyway, now I can't get back to sleep and the rain lashing hard against the window isn't helping. It's going to be one of those nights !!
    My recent post Farewell 2013, Thanks For The Memories

• amyjo
      8 January, 2014 - 7:46 am | Permalink

Doesn’t it look divine? And yikes! I do hate to get awoken in the middle of the night. Also, I’m not a lover of big storms. Though it does warm my heart you paid visit here. Not that I helped with the likes of fruit pants and all . . . except maybe, it could be worse . . . you could be scared and wearing fruit pants. :)