I’m interupting my reguarly scheduled post to call in the troops. Not long ago my cousin’s wife delivered their baby boy prematurely. And now we know why. Last week, when he was finally settling in at home, his big sister – Lily – was diagnosed with Leukemia. I’m sure any of you with children have an inkling of what they are going through. Thankfully, we know the One who holds tomorrow. And He knows us. He knows. He knows this little girl with big brown eyes and a smile that can light up the room.
So when you think of it, please join me in praying for little Lily and her family …
- For health and wellness for all. Lily and Isaac are both immune compromised. It is especially important that their caretakers remain healthy.
- For work schedules. My cousin is hoping to change his work schedule to a 4-day 10-hour work week to accomodate traveling to Portland every Friday for treatments.
- For a positive response to treatment. Lily faces two years of treatment. The doctors warned that one of her meds will make her extremely difficult to live with (think major PMS); they warned there’s a possibility she will stop walking because of soreness and weakness in her legs and will have to relearn. Let’s pray that will not happen.
- For additional health coverage. Lily may qualify for the Oregon Health Plan which would be a tremendous help with medical expenses.
- For blessings. I pray they would find unexpected blessings in the comfort and support of friends and family. Friends have already offered their home each week for when they travel for treatments.
- For peace. For strength. For comfort. Finally, I pray the peace that passes ALL understanding would be theirs. I pray for restful sleep – and joy in the morning – that they might face this with every ounce of their strength.