Well, it finally happened … grey skies took over, snowflakes fell, and winter blanketed the land. Light at first, you could only see it with a monocle of one sort or another. Before long, however, it draped branches and rooftops and a winter wonderland was born.
Now, I’m not the biggest of fans when it comes to snow. It’s cold … it makes driving interesting, at best … and with flurries come scraping and shoveling.
- There’s nothing quite so peaceful as a snowy evening;
- Trees alight with white is a sight to behold;
- There’s a hint of magic in mounding a snowball, building a snowman, making a snow angel … for in one brief moment, you can be a kid again;
- The frigid temps make staying in a treat;
- It means Christmas is coming–and with it my brother, sister-in-law and sweet nephew!
… and for that, I am grateful!