Well, it’s October 31st, and you know what that means–shenanigans are afoot!
Being Halloween and all, I can’t help but think back to a musty-smelling room in elementary school where our music teacher, Mrs. White, fanatically taught us the basics. Mainly, H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N spells HALLOWEEN! If we failed to sing with gusto, she’d force us to sing it again, waving her baton as if her life depended on it, her white mop of hair crashing into her face with each crescendo. We mocked her endlessly–behind her back, of course, because she was kinda scary.
But I’ll give her one thing, that song stuck with me. It loops in my head each year around this time.
Personally, I like to blame it for my lack of productivity. But who are we kidding? Sweet treats and festivities, trying to decipher if that person is wearing a costume, or not . . . you’d have to be magic to stay on task.
And if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.
That said, here are a few ghoulishly good diversions:
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller, complete with full dance-participation. I mean, really.
- Free printable Halloween tags from Design Selective–for those last minute treat bags.
- Pups in costume. If you can even stand it.
- Treats to warm you from the inside out, like Spicy Lentil Soul and Pumpkin Brad Pudding with Candied Ginger and Hot Buttered Rum Sauce.
- Relyn’s “Wonderfully creepy” Pinterest board–Eek!